The power of listening

In the DIY Old Time Radio session learning about how radio is so powerful that it can reach a huge audience much more quickly than other formats really stood out to me. In fact, reflecting on this, since I travel by car pretty often I hear the radio frequently. Usually it is music whilst in other cases it is podcasts, etc. Listening to radio I realized that I learn a lot by just hearing the lyrics or what the people at the other end of the radio have to say even if I am not actively paying attention. In fact like discussed during the session our ears can foster our imagination much better than our eyes which I strongly agree with because even in today’s virtual environment listening to lectures rather than reading a textbook helps me understand the course material much better!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized by kj295. Bookmark the permalink.

One thought on “The power of listening

1. I agree with you completely. I think that being able to listen to something without the distraction of necessary visuals results in the retention of more information. I think that that is why podcasts are as famous as they are; because we are focused on what is being said rather than who is saying it.