Trying to take up a hobby

I had a lot of origami paper stored in my room because back in high school, I really thought I’d take up origami as a hobby. I made origami butterflies for my graduation cap, and I remember hearing that a student at my old college did research at Cornell on how origami structures can be ideal for some bioengineering application, I don’t remember exactly what, but it seemed like an art form with a lot of possibilities so I wanted to try it. Unfortunately, I didn’t follow through with that, but this event was a nice way to use some of the pretty origami paper I still have. I got to see some familiar faces too, so it was a double win. Honestly, though, I don’t feel so bad about not taking up that hobby, because origami is very difficult and it takes a lot of time to make something really cool. But who knows–in the future I’ll probably be making origami butterflies for some other decoration, maybe my next graduation cap!

One thought on “Trying to take up a hobby

1. I try picking up hobbies all the time too. I often fail too, so I understand the struggle. It is so cool that bioengineers are thinking about using origami structures. As a fellow engineer, this topic seems really fascinating.