Chernobyl, Episode 2

For the past year, I have been trying to get myself to watch the Chernobyl HBO Mini-series but have found it so difficult to just sit down and watch something new. I’ve always been interested in learning about what happened at Chernobyl since I was a child. I even used to fall into a rabbit-hole of videos on YouTube. So naturally, when I saw this event on the Rose Scholar email, I knew I had to sign up. I hadn’t watched the first episode with the Rose Scholars group, but I did watch it on my own prior to this event. I really enjoyed being able to unplug and watch something different while learning something new. Throughout the episode, I felt so on edge (in a good way) the entire time and was so captivated with the series. So much so, that I didn’t want to wait for another event and ended up binge-watching the rest of the series that night! I really enjoyed the small discussion after watching the episode because whenever I watch something new, I always want to discuss parts that I enjoyed with friends but most of the time they either haven’t watched it or aren’t interested in discussing it. So, being able to dissect parts of the episode with my peers was interesting! They picked up certain “easter-eggs” that I hadn’t, and it really made me more intrigued with the rest of the series.

One thought on “Chernobyl, Episode 2

1. Episode 2 was very very interesting, I really learned a lot during that video. I loved watching that continuation and seeing what the different arguments between the engineers and the Russian officials were