New Developments in Ithaca and Cornell

I learned a lot about Ithaca during the interview with Garrick Blalock and Andy Zepp. The history of Collegetown as well as housing in Cornell was interesting to hear about. However, I was most fascinated by the new developments. I was pretty excited about the new development that will hopefully come to collegetown. Considering how high prices are in Collegetown, maybe this will help increase the amount of housing and maybe affordability however this is probably a high expectation. The new developments on the waterfront were also very interesting. I have only been to the waterfront once during my time here and it seems like there is so much potential to develop. However, Garrick and Andy did bring up many problems like how Ithaca is sitting in a flood plain and much of the ground near the waterfront is made up of material that is not preferable.

One thought on “New Developments in Ithaca and Cornell

1. I too was excited about the new development in Collegetown. Being that Collegetown is high priced I’m also interested to see how different these developments will be in terms of affordability and quality.