I finally forced myself to leave my room

For the Explore series, Exploring Cornell, I finally had an excuse to leave my dorm and take in the warm Sun that we were granted with so late in the semester. I visited sites that most students likely see on their way to class (on a normal day) like the Mcgraw tower and Hollister Hall. While at these sites I realized that I never usually get the chance to embrace the beautiful scenery that Cornell actually has. When outside, I usually either rushing to get to my destination because I’m on a time crunch or I’m too busy stressing about an upcoming exam. This was a great opportunity for me to embrace my surroundings and take a break from stressing about my academics.

2 thoughts on “I finally forced myself to leave my room

1. It was hard to leave my room for anything other than food this semester so I feel that. Purposely going outside for a walk was something I feel like I should’ve done more often.

2. These intentional walks that we take to embrace all of nature’s beautiful offerings is greatly needed to nourish the mind and soul-something vital that I especially learned since lockdown.