Grand Finale

It was finally the end. My heart is going up and down as the story goes. One substory that really poked the soft spot in my heart is the part the young man joined the “clean-up” team of animals. He was so panicked when he first pointed his gun at living things, I can feel all of his struggles, all of his fears, all of his guilt. Yet it was merely experience he lacked. After a while, he became as numb as the others who have seen too much blood and used to death. Another point that really struck my heart was Legasov’s fate. He was courageous, he was truthful, he was honorable, yet corrupted bureaucracy tamed stained all his glory. The price of truth and fact cost Legasov his life. My heart was ice-cold and fell to the rock-bottom by the end of the episode. Is this what it takes? Does evil outwin truth in the end? I felt so hopeless, if that’s the case, then what’s the point of us even trying? Thank god, the trailer in the end gave me hope and saved me from desperation. Legasov’s sacrifice didn’t go down to drain, it finally brought the ugly into the light. And I’m so relieved to see miracles of life happened. I’m so glad to see that the volunteers went to empty the tank, the ones everyone thought would be dead in a week, miraculously survived after treatment. I’m so glad to see the firefighter’s wife, whom the doctor said would never going to bear a child, had a son. There would always be hope, even in the darkest moments.