Start Small

I joined this panel because the thought of applying to internships scares and overwhelms me. However, hearing from people who were in the same position as me was very comforting. It gave me hope that I would be able to achieve similar things to them. The tips they gave made the process seem less frightening. I was pleased to find out that there are many things I can to do get started, it is just necessary to reach out to people. This could be done in several ways such as using handshake or linkedin. It also made me feel less stressed knowing that it is not necessary to start off at a high prestigious position, a lot of of these people eventually got better positions after starting off small. This inspired me and made the internship application process seem like a smaller obstacle to get through.

2 thoughts on “Start Small

1. I enjoyed what you wrote in the post. I agree that applying internship can be intimidating at times, but we can always start small: made our way up as we gain more experience. Thank you for the sharing.

2. Looking through and utilizing the networking sites mentioned wasn’t something I really did before the panel brought it up, and I agree that the process is a little less scary now that there are small steps I know I can take.