Excel Art!

This Saturday afternoon, I joined other members of Rose and competed in a little coloring competition. Joining the event, I was not expecting that we were going to be coloring with Excel. It was something I had never done before, but was very excited to attempt. Starting it off, with my group attempting to recreate a picture from Cornell’s campus, it was much harder than expected. It reminded me of a paint by numbers, but where there are no numbers so you have to figure out what color to use. Despite this, it was actually a lot of fun to do! I enjoyed working with my group, meeting new people, and found the coloring to be quite relaxing. I’m also pretty happy with how it turned out! Can you guess what our drawing is?

Excel Coloring

2 thoughts on “Excel Art!

1. Wait this looks awesome… this is such a neat idea. I am definitely going to try this over Thanksgiving break. Is the drawing the entrance to West Campus?! I think I see Bethe and Keeton in the back.
    I feel like this could be a business venture where you do label each cell with a number, and users can do a virtual color by number.

2. Yes! exactly right. It’s the entrance to West Campus facing the war memorial. You are definitely right that this could be a fun business venture.