Call to Action by Decolonizing Justice

By far, this was one of the most interesting documentaries I watched that focused on activism for minority rights. In this short film, the one parts that struck me the most are racial profiling. One of the professors who was of Latinx heritage was discussing that the appearance or physical tendencies of Latinx people would oftentimes make them a target by police officers. Part of the reason why this is so is because there has been movies from the 1800s/1900s that portrays Hispanic people as villainous characters. This reminded me of the movies that were made by white people showing black people as villains as well and how that factored into the way black people are mistreated. This documentary was definitely an eye opener as it further reminded me that black people are not the only minority fighting a system that is against them.

One thought on “Call to Action by Decolonizing Justice

1. This is so true! It is an unfortunate side of our nation’s past and present. Hopefully, the new movements now mitigate most of the inequalities and injustices Latinx and other minorities face going forward.