hot diggity dope

I love movies and film, as I’ve said before in my past articles.

Dope was a movie made for people like me. Dope was a parody that had a movie draped over it. Some scenes were almost exact reproductions of other films or TV shows, and when it clicked in my mind in the theater for some scenes and at home for others, I laughed hard.

Regardless, the films was also funny to me in its overwhelming cliche– the coming of age story for an underprivileged person in his attempt to get into Harvard, to score the princess, and to save the day. The protagonist seemed to tie up all three, which to some looked impossible.

Dope was funny where it needed to be and cool where it needed to be, while also keeping a 20-something’s ear entranced with key 90’s hip-hop. The fashion was fresh, the characters were refreshing; all in all, to me this was a movie that had deeper motif’s and easter eggs than you could catch in just the first watch.

One thought on “hot diggity dope

1. This sounds like a really funny and awesome movie! I’ll have to go look it up sometime because I love a good comedy. Glad to hear that you enjoyed it!