An interesting tour to Ithaca Beer Co.

Last Saturday’s rose scholar event was a visit to Ithaca Beer Co which is right outside downtown. It took us around 20 min to get to the company by taxi. I have been to one spirit company back in my home country but I have never paid a visit to a beer company before. I have to say this is an interesting one.

When I actually saw the building of the beer company outside, it seemed more or less just like a factory. But when we walked in, I was surprised to literally see a restaurant inside, as you can see from the the photo below. Besides beer I think they also have sandwiches and burgers. It’s a really nice restaurant and I do like the style of it.

2015-11-21 134854

Then we walked in the workshop. There are several big sliver containers and machines to process the beer. We were first introduced with different kinds of ingredients used to produce beer. The green one like beans (I forgot its name) has a strong smell which is like a kind of the beer that we tasted afterwards.

2015-11-21 131146

After shown how the beer is processed, we have a chance to taste beer. I really like the first one which is light and not so strong. Although I clearly know too much alcohol is not a good thing, sometimes I think it, however, might help to release pressure.

2015-11-21 134844

Finally, as the thanksgiving break is coming to an end and we will soon be back to work, wish everyone a good start after thanksgiving and enjoy the rest of the break!

5 thoughts on “An interesting tour to Ithaca Beer Co.

1. I wish we had a chance to order food or get samples at the restaurant! I was also surprised that there was a restaurant in the Beer Company. What did you think of the beer that you tasted?

• Yes! That would be better! I only remember the first one is good but the second is so strong.

• I wasn’t able to taste the beer since I’m underage haha! But the ginger beer was really great! I also thought it was really interesting how Ithaca Beer Co. lets visitors taste their beer and give them feedback on which they like most.

2. That’s really interesting that the Beer Co. has people give them feedback on which beers they like the most. I’m curious if they take this feedback into account and if so, how so.