HILLS!!111!!!!1

When I awoke on Saturday morning, I got dressed and readied myself for my one true love: coffee. I realized shortly thereafter, as i descended the lovely Founder’s Hall stairwell, that I had slept through the entire event. I then looked down wearily at the event below it. “Sound of Music Sing-a-Long”. I’m pretty sure I cursed myself under my breath, but whatever.

I had never seen the Sound of Music, and the event was a Sing-a-Long. Sigh. So I went, and quickly realized what I was in for. Loud singing, dress-up, and obnoxious hand motions to accompany the songs/characters. As these movements were presented at the beginning of the movie’s presentation by a very jolly fellow, I thought to myself: “What if i just left?”

The movie started, and the hills rolled in. HILLS!1!1!1!!!!1!! 

The first song came on, accompanied by lyrics at the bottom. Being a person who, when backed against the awkward wall, fights the awkward with awkward, I thought of ways to possibly fight back.

And since I consider myself a man of character, I did just that.

I sang LOUDLY.
very loudly.

About an hour into the movie I was: (1) emotionally attached to the story; (2) very much admired the videography; and (3) became an opera singer.

Honestly, great movie and a great time. I’m very much happy I overslept.

2 thoughts on “HILLS!!111!!!!1

1. Sorry to hear that you missed the coffee event – it sounded like a good one. I also saw the Sound of Music for (what I think was) the first time at the sing-along! I’ve seen theater productions of the show before, but I don’t think I had ever watched the movie. I had pretty much the same responses as you did – I was invested in the movie, the setting and the videography are really beautiful, and it was so much fun to sing along!

2. This event sounded really fun, but alas, I was swamped with three prelims the following week. In fact, I was actually getting some food at the Ivy room when I saw people walking into Willard Straight all dressed up and ready to belt their hearts out. I’m glad you fully enjoyed your first time watching the movie that I enjoy in its entirety at least once a year.