A Night at a Piano Concert

Emmanuel Ax is a world renowned pianist. I had the opportunity to attend his concert, something I never would have thought of doing. I know nothing about piano, or about music, for that matter. When he would finish a piece, I never knew when to clap; I simply followed everyone else.

Despite my lack of musical knowledge, throughout the concert, there was a certain universal feeling that could penetrate even the hearts of the musically illiterate. I remember feeling an array of emotions, and as each key was struck, it transported me to another state. I closed my eyes, and envisioned beautiful images. It was truly beautiful how the music and my mind were synced, bringing to my mind beautiful, deep thoughts and images.

The time passed so quickly, I did not even think about time. All that I know was that classical piano music is truly a form of art, a form of art that anybody has the capability of enjoying, not just those with an ear for music. The end was simply beautiful, as I could see the joy in the artist’s face as he bowed, and the crowd cheered on, in a standing ovation.

This was a very nice event, truly joyous and relaxing, and it has ignited my interest for classical music. I will most definitely be on the lookout for future concerts like this one.

One thought on “A Night at a Piano Concert

1. I also had the privilege of attending this event, even though I didn’t participate as a Rose Scholar. When it comes to the piano and classical music, I was on the same boat as you (this was my first classical music concert). Nevertheless, it was truly a unique experience, as there were powerful pieces and moments that moved me.