Art from Down Under

I switched things up this past week and attended my first Becker-Rose Cafe event. This lecture was a perfect fit for me. There’s something about nature that is so comforting to me as it was and still is the guiding force and inspiration throughout my 19 years. I used to collect those wildlife subscriptions that would come in through the mail and soon enough I would have binders full of all these informational pieces with unique animals I had no idea existed. This lecture reminded me of all the aquatic creatures I had seen in these pictures during my childhood. It was so interesting to me that the Blashkas would perform extremely intricate procedures in order to create these magnificent designs to emulate the real-life nature of these creatures. It also made me think that if a piece was to fall on the ground, the artwork would be lost forever. In the case of a damaged pieces, it warmed my heart to know that people like Drew Harvell and her team are so dedicated in preserving this art form, especially when it comes to preserving the true integrity of each living organism.