Power Poses

I struck my familiar pose of running. My fingers tingled in anticipation. My breathing slowed and calmed. The tension fell from my neck, to my back, to my legs all the way down to the floor as it left my body. I was calm, ready, and I was powerful.

Yesterday I attended the Love your body workshop. My take away from the workshop was the above scene, where we had to replicate our form of exercise. I chose running, as it is something I do to de-stress, relax, and the stay happy. Yet when I chose the pose, it was amazing how quickly my emotions changed. I felt transported back to high school, when I would toe the starting line before a race. All the emotions of racing – the excitement, the calm, the readiness – were present years later, in a library room on West campus.

This power pose helped me feel more confident and powerful. I enjoyed the event, and urge anyone who reads this to try to find their power pose. Its amazing how a simple pose can change your state of mind of the better.

2 thoughts on “Power Poses

1. I think it is amazing that you connected not only with your body in this exercise but also it was a good mental de-stressor in taking you back to revisit high school memories.