Yearning for a Campus

The Color Cornell event with Ferra was a nice way to wind down during the busy school year. I think Ferra had a really good idea for a virtual coloring event. We “colored” by filling cells in with pre-selected colors to match pictures of Cornell’s campus. In all honesty, coloring in Google Sheets doesn’t exactly match the satisfaction of physically coloring in with a pencil, crayon, or paintbrush, but of course, in our circumstances, I’d say it was a really smart adjustment.

Looking at beautiful pictures of Cornell’s campus made me feel a little bit wistful. I just transferred to Cornell and I was really excited to live on the beautiful campus and enjoy the grand architecture and picturesque views, but with my classes being online and the buildings being much less accessible, I feel that I have yet to experience that moment of awe. Right now it feels like campus is just a lot of grass, the slope, and some stunning gothic facades, but I know that it is really much more than that and I am eager to see it in all its glory. I am very much a person who needs physical presence and experiences, so I am very much looking forward to the day we can all be together again.