Don’t Wait For Internships to Come to You

After applying to internships last year at a time that was apparently too late, I found this panel very appealing to me. The students really emphasized how important an internship was and that makes me have an even greater motive to apply for as many internships as I can this year. Although, I really need to take advantage of networking as some students did, even if it is with small companies, because as I have learned, it is quite difficult to start off at a big company. Getting out into the world is very important as the earlier you communicate with others, the greater your chances are of starting an internship, and that internship eventually grows into a greater internship then eventually you land yourself at a big place. Grad school is just around the corner so it is imperative that I begin my career path as soon as possible, or else I wouldn’t know where to go after undergraduates. Overall, this panel allowed me to learn more about internships and the limitations/requirements for getting into a successful internship that boosts your career path dramatically.

One thought on “Don’t Wait For Internships to Come to You

1. Thank you so much for your post! I did not attend the event despite needing help finding an internship. I really like how you emphasized applying for as many as possible; sometimes I believe that you only need to apply for a few, but it can still be the luck of the draw. It’s also better to have more options nonetheless. Hopefully we will both find the internships of our dreams!