Music Sunday

I really enjoyed hearing all the songs that other residents of Rose House submitted. I was actually walking from the Commons to campus to move in while I was listening to the playlist, and it was a good way to pass the time during the hike and to get myself settled down in my dorm and to have a calm moment after all the stress from quarantine and prelims. It was interesting to see the range of genres of songs that people submitted, especially from pop to Korean to classical. I submitted “she likes spring, i prefer winter” by slchld (pronounced Seoul Child). It’s an all English song, but created by someone Korean after I found their music from a Korean vlog, and it was nice to hear that someone else submitted “Adios” by Hoody (a song I also listen to often) also enjoys Korean music, especially korean r&b (also one of my favorite genres).

One thought on “Music Sunday

1. It’s so cool that there was someone else who shared your music tastes! I truly believe music has the power to connect people beyond almost anything else. Whether I am sitting with friends or passing a stranger on the street, there is something about the silent acknowledgement of a shared song that cannot be put into words. Finding someone with the same music preference as me has occasionally been the start of a new friendship.