Self-care Workshop

This was truly one of the funnest events that I have participated in so far for the Flora Rose Scholars Program. We received much helpful information regarding the many resources that we have on campus for keeping ourselves in the best shape and condition possible. If ever there is a need to talk to someone, there is always an ear available.

After the brief presentation on all of the resources at our disposal, we each received a pumpkin and a carving packet. I have carved small pumpkins, but never a ten-pounder. It was very fun, and it really did help bring me to a more relaxed state, as my mind drifted away from all of my pressures. I got to learn more about the people who live in Flora Rose, including the GRFs. I found my hands getting sticky and it was messy. I even carved the top of my pumpkin hole too small, so I had to carve a giant hole in the back to take out the inside.

This was truly a light, just enjoyable experience; I truly appreciated its simplicity. I think that a takeaway is in life, sometimes we get so wrapped up in our pressures and responsibilities that we forget to enjoy it for what it is. Taking a moment for ourselves is necessary in order to cope with the stresses of life.

2 thoughts on “Self-care Workshop

1. It seems like the pumpkin carving was fun. I agree that it is important to take care of yourself to de-stress and for me that’s usually playing sports or watching TV shows online.

2. This event sounds like a great stress-reliever. Sometimes, I feel that since most students here at Cornell are stressed over our academic life, the environment makes you focus a little more on your grade, and a little less on the fun side of Cornell. Hopefully, we will all eventually discover a good balance of school and fun.