Snap Dragon!

Before Friday, I had never been to the Cornell Orchards before…. and I’m an international AG and rural development major… so that’s really sad. Needless to say, thank you Rose Scholars program for giving me a motive to go! 😀 Not only did I make a new friend on my way there (I got lost) but I learned some interesting facts about Cornell’s bred apples:

Cornell named one of the apples they bred “Snap Dragon” to market to children. It is sweet, crunchy, and absolutely delicious. Enjoy the pictures below of Cynthia and I enjoying them. Along with it, they made the “Ruby Frost,” which I did not get to try. After breeding these apples, they released the trees to the industry 4 years ago (and have not released more). They sold the Patent to the New York Apples Association who which to control their supply in attempt at keeping the quality great.

All in all, super glad I went!

Genesis and I sinking our teeth into some freshly picked SnapDragon apples!image

One thought on “Snap Dragon!

1. Absolutely love the Snap Dragon apples! They’re my favorite on campus; wish they were able to sell them in regular supermarkets around home.