- Plant selection
- CU-Structural Soil™
- ‘Scoop and Dump’ soil remediation
- Community forestry
- Recommended Urban Trees – Access through Woody Plants Database. Print on demand.
- CU-Structural Soil® – A Comprehensive Guide – 56 page publication covers the why’s and how’s of using CU-Structural Soil® to support trees, turf and porous pavement.
- Tree ID Guide – Illustrated, 76- page guide for people with little experience. Order form.
- The State of the Elms on the National Mall in Washington, D.C.: Tree and Soil Conditions – UHI study conducted at the request of the National Park Service to examine the current conditions of the historic trees and soils on the National Mall.
- Routledge Handbook of Urban Forestry – Features two chapters by Nina Bassuk, Site assessment: the key to sustainable urban landscape establishment and Design options to integrate urban tree root zones and pavement support within a shared soil volume.
Other Cornell resources
- Cornell Guide for Planting & Maintaining Trees and Shrubs
- Pruning: An Illustrated Guide to Pruning Ornamental Trees and Shrubs
- Know Your Trees – Update of classic includes identification keys, descriptions of 50 common native trees. Also available in as 7.2 MB .pdf file.
Take a hike:
- The Sustainable Landscapes Trail – Highlights the sustainable design and ecosystems services of green infrastructure across the Cornell campus. Features bioswales, CUSoil plantings, open spaces, natural areas, and more.
- ‘Urban Eden’ plant walks – Topical walks on campus for students in Creating the Urban Eden: Woody Plant Selection, Design, and Landscape Establishment (PLHRT/LA 4910/4920).
- Stewart Park Tree Tour– Use your mobile device to access information via QR codes for 22 trees in this City of Ithaca park on the south shore of Cayuga Lake.