- Community forestry planning – The first step in building a healthy and beautiful urban forest while saving money on street tree maintenance.
- Conducting a street tree inventory – a community tree inventory is essential to developing an urban forestry management plan.
- Resources – For working with plants and with people.
- Ithaca’s Trees – Master Plan, Inventory, & Arboricultural Guidelines for the Public Trees of the City of Ithaca, New York [2.8 MB .pdf]
- Seminar video: Modeling Street Trees on a Statewide Basis in New York State – Fred Cowett
- New York State Urban Forestry Council
- Read UHI journal articles on: urban forestry assessment