Busing that stress

For table talk, we had conversation about some of the most important topic of college life: stress management. As the final week is rolling in, there is this big question of how are we going to keep out mental health good, while keeping up with all the works?

One thing that was brought up was how it was inconvenient for many students to use mental health care in Gannett. With need of multiple scheduling and finding the ‘right councilor’, there are multiple steps watch students have to take in order to get help. Students need to have easier access to mental health help here in Cornell.

Another thing we talked about was reward system: how each students should have a award in mind. A goal with sweet prize.  I realized that having some kind of reward at the end help me push through, even in tough time. For instance, when I finish my test and get certain grade out of it, I would treat myself to a nice dinner in commons. Because there is appropriate reward for the hard work, students can work even harder to achieve study goals.

One suggestion I did not get to share was that each house should have a mental wellness events every week, such as meditation session and counseling. It’s simple but effective management of mental wellness that is very accessible.