Feedback on the “Rose Family”

At the beginning of this semester,  I found that the program lacked interesting events such as talks we had on the previous semesters. After the talk with Dr. Hill last Wednesday, I realized that I had forgotten that these events require funds, and the house might not have enough money. However, they find interesting way to balance the situation. I applaud their new initiatives with the high table, the movie nights and the predictability in the schedule. Meanwhile, a student mentioned that it may be better if there was a rotation between events so that students can attend diverse events due to their schedule.  I think it is very good idea.

Another comment I can make to the Rose house compared to its sisters, it is that I feel like Rose is too formal most of the time. It is good to be serious and elegant sometimes, but I also think that maybe we should plan more fun stuffs or events to do like play times between residency, comedy movie, or others. We already have a lot of formality in class. Usually at home we should relax away from books.

Except it, I love my Rose building especially Lyon hall. I love this ancestral buildings that are extremely gorgeous, but I am very curious to find the secret elevator and room that is inside the Lyon Hall. It actually can be a fun treasure-discovery game in which we learn about the buildings and the Rose House history.

2 thoughts on “Feedback on the “Rose Family”

1. I agree with you on this. I feel Rose has some serious events at times. Sometimes events are limited due to funds, and we can’t really blame the house for this. I have friends who live in other West Campus houses and they have SAs who take residents to yoga once or twice a week. I feel like something like this would be good to consider since it doesn’t require funds and will help students destress.

2. I totally agree, I think it is important for Rose House to organize more lowkey events which help us destress. In addition to the regular talks and cafes, I think we should have more fun events which foster community building. It is hard to know the Rose community if we are always listening to someone else talk, I don’t think this is the best way for people to get to know each other.