Any plans for the summer or Next year?

Urban semester is a great program organized in Cornell. It is designed for students with various majors: pre med, business, law, etc. ;but given I am a pre med I will mostly focus on that. I met with the responsible of the program last week, Sam Beck. He is a very funny and chill person. He informed us about the program.

Basically, students will live in a university owned building, and they will spend all their time in the medical school. They will follow physicians and attend interesting procedures such as surgery. In addition, they have some classes which look more like discussion classes. The program count as a 15 courses credits.

I really like this program because it has a different teaching method. It allows students to truly learn about medschool and the life of medical students. Indeed students will be assimilated to others students and will interact with a lot of professional. They will have the chance to find mentors, but most of all they will live in the exciting city of NYC.

So if you have not yet find a plan for your future in Cornell, check this program out. I will definitely do so.

One thought on “Any plans for the summer or Next year?

1. I’m also a pre-med and I heard about this program before Sam Beck’s discussion, but I never actually knew what the program entailed. I think this would be an extremely valuable experience and possibly an advantage over other applicants when applying to medical schools. I would particularly enjoy being in NYC!