Real Fighting with Deep Thinking

Fight Club is the first film of Rose House film series. Dr.Hill started off by giving us a brief introduction about 1990s when this film, along with other great film like Star Wars were made.

I have seen this movie before and I remember it to be violent and imaginative. [Spoiler’s Alert] The Protagonist (interestingly unnamed) is a automobile specialist who suffers insomnia and loneliness. He lives in a comfortable combo but feel mentally empty. After another regards business travel, the protagonist goes home, only to find his condo has been blown away during to a gas leak. So he called up Tyler, a person that he just met on the airplane and went to live with him. In contrast to the protagonist, Tyler present himself to be free, wild and brave. The protagonist see in him everything he want to be, so they became friends. Soon after, Tyler former the Fight Club, a daily night event where everyone can come and duel fight. With the club becoming increasingly popular across the country, the protagonist found himself isolated from rest of the group. Determined to find out the cause, he tracked Tyler’s whereabouts around the country, only to find out that Tyler is actually his illusions self.
Fight Club begins to get more violent and Tyler created the Project Mayhem, a secret operation to destroy multiple construction through extensive explosives around the country. Realizing what his other self has done, the protagonist is determined to stop the madness. He ended confronting Tyler and put a bullet through his cheek, killing “Tyler” but surviving himself. The protagonist ended the film, holding hand with Marla.

To be honest, I found the idea of the film quite disturbing and twisted, not just the physical violence but also the psychological disorder of the protagonist. Dr.Hill suggests its link to the ongoing political drama but I didn’t really understand his hint. Please excuse me for not wanting to discuss further about this film because when I think of the fighting and death scene I find it hard to go to bed with it. Still, it is a classic movie that have a IMDB score of 8.8. So if you are interested in a complicated psychological movie, by all means, you should check it out.