small americano please

The event last week was a pleasant and brief getaway from doing end-of-the-semester work. The rainy walk over from the bus stop was appropriate for our afternoon coffee. Our group had some nice conversations during our stay at the Gimme! Coffee, but I didn’t participate too much by saying anything, so I’ll write about my small americano.

I understand the appeal of espresso, but I can’t really enjoy one without reminding myself that this is what real connoisseurs do. I think this is where the americano comes in, as it appeals (not only) to people like me (wannabe connoisseurs). I took the top off my coffee, as it came in a disposable cup; I enjoy looking at the small layer of foam from a just-prepared americano. Also, I think the small slit on the plastic top takes away from the experience of enjoying a coffee.

From my initial taste, a nutty flavor stood out most, blanketing my mouth with a creamy texture. Beyond that, I don’t know what else to take away from my drink, other than that I really enjoyed it.