Cold Coffe, Warm Company

A few days ago, I had an opportunity to go to Gimmie coffee! in Ithaca commons. After a long week of assignments and preparations for final, it was a nice getaway from the campus environment and recharge. Although I wasn’t sure how coffee with strangers will go, I was excited what will happen.

One unique thing about Coffee and I is that I always get the iced coffee. It is not like I hate warm coffee. I think it is because I always thought coffee is simply a provider of caffeine, something I will chug through and get going to do work. In order to be ‘time efficient’, I get iced coffee so that I can easily drink and save time.

However, it was so different when I was at the rose event. Like usual, I got iced coffee and sweet to accompany it. We introduced ourselves, our major, and had some unique conversations. Like, unique coffee story, the reality vs. fantasy, meaning of literature, and many more deep thoughts and conversations.

As the event progressed through, I realized that drinking coffee at the moment was so different.  Feelings, flavors, sounds, and all these sensory perceptions I had about coffee, was so so different. I realized at the end of the event that coffee at the moment was beyond a just source of caffeine. It was a moment of memory, warmth of other people, and representation of the moment of peace. The cold coffee wasn’t so cold and bitter. The hour I spent on a cup of coffee meant so much to me, and can never equal all the other cup of coffees I had before. It was so strange to feel this way but now I know is that it is ok to have a break, and enjoy a cup of coffee. There is no need to rush in time. Enjoy given time with peacefulness. And maybe cup of coffe.