“Try new things” doesn’t apply to juice

Last Saturday afternoon, I was finally able to check off something that’s been on my to-do list since the beginning of last semester: visit the Ithaca Farmer’s Market. I walked in thinking two-hours was more than enough time and I’d be ready to leave much earlier. After a quick stroll around all the booths and making the difficult but blissful decision to get a burrito for lunch, I realized that an hour had already passed!

My good purchases included the chicken lunch burrito, a raspberry scone with berries baked so fresh they easily burst open, and a large, fluffy cinnamon bun. One purchase I won’t be making again? The summer cooler–a juice that had already sold out once which I was told was made with a base of orange juice, hibiscus tea, and hints of peppermint and rose hips. I should have realized from the extensive list of ingredients that it was a bit too hipster and much for me. Roses have hips? I made the mistake of underrating freshly made, simple orange juice, and will be sure not to make the same mistake next time.

If the farmer’s market was enjoyable on a rather gloomy, cold day, I can only imagine how great it would be in nicer weather. Hopefully next semester will be better weather and more trips to the farmers market.

2 thoughts on ““Try new things” doesn’t apply to juice

1. I really want to go the Farmer’s market and your post is making me want to go there even more. I like how the food is fresh and affordable. It’s good to go away from Cornell for a while and eat non-campus food. As a vegetarian, I think the Farmer’s market seems to have a lot to offer.

2. I have always wanted to go the Ithaca Farmers market and I am hoping to go before I graduate next year. It sounds like you had a really great time and enjoyed trying some new things! As for the juice, while it does seem odd it’s good to sample new things. If we never tried anything new, we would never know what we like!