Rose Scholars with Dr. Hill

I found the efforts by Dr. Hill to improve the Rose Scholars program and the overall experience of living on West campus to be truly outstanding. It is inspiring to see someone like him work so hard on behalf of students. I do believe that the Rose Scholars program has improved tremendously over the two semesters that I have been here and I am confident that it will continue to become even better.

One idea that was suggested during the Rose Cafe that I support is having social events that count as events. This is a fun and enjoyable way for students to take some time off from studying and mingle amongst ourselves. Social events are important if we would like to see a community form among the Rose Scholars and this could be later be expanded to West Campus overall. However, to achieve the community that we aspire to be, we need to start small and thus, we should try to at least try to develop some sort of group cohesion among Rose Scholars next semester.

Another improvement that could be made is having more opportunities to volunteer as part of the Rose Scholars program. I believe that many students find volunteering to be an enjoyable and worthwhile experience. Adding volunteering events would be a great way for students to get opportunities to volunteer and become even more ingrained into their communities.

Overall, I believe that the progress that has been made is fantastic and with the leadership of Dr. Hill, I am confident that Rose Scholars will continue to improve. It is nice to see that our feedback is taken seriously and I look forward to seeing the program evolve in the future.

One thought on “Rose Scholars with Dr. Hill

1. I absolutely agree that we should have more volunteering events! I could be missing some, but I count a grand total of ONE this semester. We have a relatively large body of what, ~100 students? And all of us have to go to one event about every week. It seems like we’re missing out on a pretty huge opportunity for us as a house and a program to be putting hours into helping out our community.