Great Black and White Comedic Film

Last week, I got to see Duck Soup at the Cornell Cinema. This was probably the oldest film I have ever seen. The only possibly adverse effect I felt this had on the film was the lack of color. However, the black and white presented its own subtle charm and novelty for those such as myself who rarely watch older films. The movie was very enjoyable and amusing. The pranks pulled by Chicolini and Pinky were very well choreographed, especially the mirror scene. The plot surrounding the clueless Rufus T. Firefly’s leadership of the fictional country Freedonia as he hurled clever insults at seemingly everyone was well written. The length of this film for its genre was also perfect as it was not too short nor did it drag on. I won’t give away any spoilers so you can watch it for yourself!

One thought on “Great Black and White Comedic Film

1. I enjoy watching older films, but I’ve never seen one made in 1933! I find it fun see how much our culture has changed over the years and after the first few minutes, I forget that the movie is in black and white. I’ll have to watch this one sometime.