Surrounded by Beautiful Music

Last Sunday I had the opportunity to see the Cornell University Wind Symphony and the Ithaca High School Wind Ensemble perform. The music they performed blew me away, it was a magical experience. During the performance, the composer, David Maslanka, spoke about a few of the pieces and how he wrote these pieces. It was very inspiring. Overall, the piece I enjoyed the most from the Ithaca High School Wind Ensemble was Mother Earth, composed by David Maslanka. I enjoyed this piece greatly because it incorporated so many instruments into a harmonious piece of work. The students at Ithaca High School did a wonderful job on this piece. The piece I enjoyed greatly from the Cornell University Wind Symphony was Symphony No.8 composed by David Maslanka.  I would recommend that all Cornell students go see a performance by the Cornell University Wind Symphony as it is a very enjoyable, relaxing, and a fulfilling performance that incorporates emotional feeling and many instruments into its music.

One thought on “Surrounded by Beautiful Music

1. I will have to see them sometime! After reading this post, I am also going to check out some of David Maslanka’s work. That’s awesome he was there to speak about his compositions!