Fat: Do I need it?

For rose café, Jonathan Robins came in to talk about the most controversial and popular nutrition: fats.

It was interesting to know a historical perspective. All the time, fat was a bad nutrition that was linked to negative health effect.

He brought up an interesting fact on how vegetable oils (plant based oils) are doing more damage than eating animal based fat. One thing is that people seek more animal fat and oil because of vegetable oil. Because when vegetable oil is made, such as out of soybean, the residue is used to feed the animals, which increases the number of livestock raised, causing an increase in meat production. In addition, palm tree oils, which is now a large part of diet and food production, is damaging ecosystem due to deforestation and hazing due to the burning of trees. It made me reflect on why fat exists and if fat is really necessary. Yes, it tastes good. However, the extent of fat and oil goes far beyond just unhealthiness. It negatively affects the planet. I realize that I need to eat healthy, for both planets and for myself.