Keep Moving Forward

After listening to Dr. Hill’s Rose Cafe last Wednesday, I reflected on what slogan has motivated me throughout my life.  I came to the conclusion that that slogan is “keep moving forward.”  My parents always taught me that no matter how hard things become, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel, and the only way you get to that light is by forging ahead, not turning around.  Last semester was incredibly difficult for me.  I am the head of a very controversial organization on campus, and while I was battling pneumonia and mono, I became a very polarizing figure on campus.  I was assaulted the night after Donald Trump was elected, even though I am a moderate non-Trump supporting Republican, and all I wanted to do was go home and leave for the remainder of the semester.  But I pushed through the difficult moment, and in the end I am glad that I stayed.  It would have been really easy for me to give up and walk away from campus after what had happened, but I am really glad that I pushed through what had happened to me.  I hope to keep moving forward in the future.