Who’sThe Boss?

The movie Fight Club, which I saw last Friday, examines the loss of the masculine identity in gray-collar workplace. This is the second time I have seen the movie Fight Club. This movie succeeded in being thought provoking. The movie starts out with a nameless individual that we later know as Jack, and shows how he met Tyler Durden. It is later found that Tyler Durden is actually Jack’s alter ego. Jack had a boring, routine life: wake-up, go to work, and go to support group meetings, while Tyler was a rebel who wanted to live his life the way he saw fit. Tyler and Jack created an under-ground, male-only fight club. As the movie continues, the under-ground fight club evolves into Project Mayhem, which is made up of gray-collar workers. The movie succeeds in analyzing the masculine identity created by our society. Overall, I thought that the movie was very interesting as it played out moments in our every-day lives and the struggles that arise. I feel that this movie needs to be seen multiple times in order to be understood completely.