Cult movies: Fight club

I always heard a great movie’s a one that raises questions not a one that answers them. Fight club was definitely one of them. I found it quite impressive how the simple fight club in the movie became into a professional crime group of the society. I was thinking all the time what happens that cults take shape. Maybe people have a need to adapt to a very odd ideology or maybe it’s just boredom with normal life. The main character of this movie was definitely bored with his normal life, so bored that he had insomnia and he started taking part in therapy groups with people that he didn’t have similar problems with and then he became the founder of the fight club.

Other than raising so many questions for me about cults and boredom with normal life, this movie also made me question whether this movie had a message in a wider sense about the society. The fact that the fight club had entire influence over the society made me think that maybe there’s a secret cult that has huge influence and control over the society or maybe we’re all part of a cult that we don’t know about. Maybe the cultish ideas make us so blind that we don’t see the people who suffer from cult practices. These thoughts kept occupying my mind all the time. At the end I thought the movie was trying to make people think of what would happen if power fell in the hands of people with cultish types of ideology.