Value of a Rose Scholar

I found the end of the semester meeting very valuable. I especially enjoyed hearing other people’s experience in the program and learning about different series. The last activity (the 9 whys) revealed common themes of what people valued the most out of the program. In my group, we found that the scholar program was the perfect bridge to learn more about Cornell culture. Being a Rose Scholar, also, makes you feel apart of a community, which is essential for college. The program events were the perfect break from the busy Cornell academic life.  Without the program, I do not imagine myself ever experiencing a tour of the Art Museum or carving pumpkins. I especially found the Rose Cafe guest lectures very interesting, and these lectures exposed me to topics that I do not usually encounter in my normal classes. Most of my classes are large lectures, so; hearing a professor talk in a small group, discussion setting was very enjoyable. Through the program, I was able to see and learn more about Cornell and Ithaca.

One thought on “Value of a Rose Scholar

1. I agree with almost everything in this post. Being a sophomore transfer student, I arrived at Cornell this semester knowing very few people on campus. I think that the programs you discussed really helped me integrate into Cornell. The idea of a living-learning program that can not only discuss obscure and interesting topics but can create a real sense of community, is exactly what I needed to make my transition easier