The Healing Sound of Purring

I once learned that the frequency of cat purrs help heal any injuries that cats face, such as healing broken bones and repairing joints and tendons. It is speculated that this property of purrs might also help humans. While I’m not sure of that, I do know that having a purring cat on your lap makes me feel warm and happy, and that endorphin rush and stress relief is definitely good for my health!

When I went to the shelter this week, I spent a long time simply petting a beautiful reddish-brown, long-hair cat that jumped onto my lap promptly after I sat down. Seeing her tail sweep around happily and hearing her purrs made me feel very relaxed. Although sitting on the floor got a bit tiring, the feeling of affection and happiness from her was infectious. I hope I get to see her again and pet her again.

I also played with Jeremiah again, who seemed a bit more skittish after being moved to a larger room, but couldn’t resist playing. Although he kept his distance, he was very eager to chase after the toy.