Diya Jale

Going to Diya Jale was a ton of fun! I had initially been wary of committing to this event for my weekly Rose Scholar attendance due to the sheer length of the show (nearly three full hours), but I’m glad that I eventually did. With tickets costing $10 each, I know that I definitely wouldn’t have gone if this hadn’t been one of the Rose events, and getting free access definitely made it more accessible. Having not gone to any previous performances of the many groups participating, it was amazing to see all of the dancers, singers, and performers take the same stage. I’ve heard all about Cornell Bhangra in passing (especially during club fest and recruitment season at the start of the fall semester, but seeing them actually perform was entirely different. One of my favorites out of the many groups, their colorful costumes matched the high energy moves and made me wish I was graceful enough to join a dance troupe on campus. Overall the experience was a positive one, and getting to hear Omi Vaidya give a very comedic monologue was the icing on the cake! Hopefully I will get the chance to attend again next year.

One thought on “Diya Jale

1. Sounds great! What did you think about the culture presented through the dance I found it really bright and colorful