Get Well Soon

As I walked into the BJM A+ art room, I was greeted by happy children and Ms. Sarah. What caught me by surprise was the large sheet of paper laid out over one of the drawing tables. As I further entered the room I noticed that it was a Get Well Soon card for one of the teachers at BJM. The paper was filled with drawing and signatures from children and employees alike. I didn’t know the teacher that the card was for, but Ms. Sarah pulled myself and Ariana to the table and asked us to sign the get well card. It didn’t matter that we didn’t know her, all Ms. Sarah cared about was the smile that she hoped to bring to her friend and coworker. Ms.Sarah calmly explain to children who asked that she wanted to make her friend happy while she was home getting ready. The children may not have understood the severity of the situation or what the card was really for but they were happy participants none the less. Even one of the children who has some behavioral issues drew a picture. All of the teachers in the room were impressed that he took the time to acknowledge what Ms. Sarah was asking him to do. They took the time to tell his mom who was incredibly proud as well