Creative Pumpkins!

Attending the pumpkin painting/carving event was the perfect way to get into the Halloween spirit! It was a relaxing evening filled with paint and pumpkins. I learned there are lots of different ways to go about decorating a pumpkin – paint stripes, paint a design, carve a face, carve a picture – the list goes on and on. What was even more special, however, was how everyone started with the same round, orange pumpkin, yet ended with a novel creation. It truly showed the power of creativity and how everyone thinks differently. This type of creative thinking is essential to solve problems, invent new solutions, and work out conflicts. In short, creativity is needed in every type of task, and it was certainly on perfect display here!

3 thoughts on “Creative Pumpkins!

1. It’s so great that you got a chance to relax and express yourself! It’s amazing to access your artistic side and let your mind turn an ordinary pumpkin into something unique and original.

2. I completely agree! I hadn’t given much thought to how our differences in our amazing pumpkin creations can mirror our different abilities in innovation in our respective choice of careers. This shows that everyone’s creativity and curisoty is needed in society. This was a very insightful thought and frankly very beautiful!

3. I also find it really great how everyone was able to let their creative side shine through this event. I also attended this event and thought that it was a great way to de-stress during prelim season.