P.P.P. (Pumpkin Painting Party)

I am not the most creative person.

So while the prospect of pumpkin painting sounded fun, therapeutic, and festive, the task seemed slightly daunting. I always seem to lack both whimsical ideas and technical skills required to make fun pieces of art, or in this case, pumpkins. It was nice to recognize that those fears were fruitless; I had a great time and the process was stress-less. I forgot, going into it, that the childlike joy of painting pumpkins–which I used to do with my brother when we were kids–outweighs the difficulty. After realizing that no one could judge my ability, because at the end of the day it was a pumpkin for me and me alone, the process was enjoyable.

Moreover, this event allowed me to talk to new people in a relaxed, light-hearted environment; always a bonus.

Cornell is such a beautiful place to experience fall and more specifically Halloween, and this event boosted my excitement for the festivities of the season. I would encourage people to sign up for events such as these, especially as the gloom of prelims can often shadow the joys of the season.