I Love Fall (and Pumpkins)

I can definitely say that fall is one of my favorite parts of going to school in Upstate New York. I love watching the leaves change color, the crisp air, and (of course) pumpkin flavored everything. However, with all of my prelims and projects in the past few weeks, I haven’t really had the chance to truly celebrate fall. Back home, I would always paint or carve pumpkins a few days before Halloween with my friends and family. That is something that I’ve missed, but having the opportunity to paint pumpkins while surrounded by my friends was a fun way to soak in what was left of the fall. Although I am not a great artist, I enjoyed the therapeutic and fun feeling of being able to let my creativity flow.

I know that this time of year is busy, but I would encourage everyone to take time out of their busy lives and to enjoy the fall. There is so much to do around here that will allow you to de-stress and refocus, so please take the time to take care of yourself and have a little fun.

One thought on “I Love Fall (and Pumpkins)

1. Fall is such a beautiful time of year! I often think that people–myself included–here forget to get out of the libraries and relish in the beauty of this place. It’s somewhat sad that everyone is so stressed with prelims and projects that we neglect our surroundings.