Why Am I Here

It’s 9:30PM on a Friday night. I’m late to the movie because I was rushing from the homecoming fireworks and laser show at Schoelkopf Field, which I enjoyed very much, to watch a horror movie, which I very much do not enjoy. After watching the movie, Housebound, I can thankfully say that it was not that scary, and I slept okay that night (thank you very much for asking). I was relieved to find that it was a horror-comedy and not just a horror film and that even though it built tension at times in a thematically horror-esque way, it was not that scary. I didn’t even jump or close my eyes once! For any hardcore horror fans out there, this may not be the movie for you. However, I can now say that I have watched a scary movie and wasn’t even scared, and I even laughed at some points. For those of you like me, this is a good movie to watch so that you don’t have to lie about having seen a horror movie anymore.

One thought on “Why Am I Here

1. I really enjoyed your comedic take on the horror film… very true that it was compacted more with life lessons and familial conflicts than pure horror. It is definitely interesting to consider the different approaches to movies even within a given genre.