About Us

Welcome to Day to Day Eats!

Healthy eating can be simple and fun! Even though managing grocery bills and feeding your family can be difficult and time-consuming tasks, making food that is tasty and healthy can fit into your schedule. Not only can healthy foods be quick and easy to make but there are many fun ways to get you or your family moving that can fit into your schedule. Eating healthy doesn’t have to be expensive and, here on Day to Day Eats, we will talk about some tricks to making delicious healthy choices and staying within your budget.

Meet the Team!

Xiaoyu Duan

Xiaoyu Duan

Student

Hi! My name is Xiaoyu and I am a student at Cornell University studying Public Health. I discovered my passion for nutrition and community health when I first came to campus. During my free time, I enjoy cooking with my friends. We spent a lot of time in the unit kitchen of our dorm freshman year and continue to spend time cooking together. I also really enjoy recreational dancing and have been doing it for the past three years as part of a club on campus. Writing for the blog gives me the opportunity to learn about new things and also explore my interests. I hope you enjoy reading our posts! 

Pearlanna Zapotocky

Pearlanna Zapotocky

Student

Hi! My name is Pearlanna and I am an undergraduate majoring in Public Health. Some of my favorite memories growing up in Upstate New York involve food: apple picking, making jam, and canning vegetables. It is no wonder that I found a love for community health and nutrition when I came to Cornell. I am very excited to share with you some tips and tricks for cooking, shopping, and healthy living that I have learned here at Cornell University.

Qingyu Shao

Qingyu Shao

Student

Hello! My name is Qingyu Shao and I am a Nutritional Sciences student at Cornell University with a minor in Human Development. I love the creative and bonding aspects of cooking—some of my most treasured memories growing up are following my parents in the kitchen and learning various cooking methods from them, and I still have memories of those moments from when I was a toddler. Now, making healthy and delicious food is my favorite way to de-stress, and I get a wonderful treat at the end! I’m excited to combine my interests in writing and food on this blog, and I hope you enjoy our work! 

Jing Feng

Jing Feng

Student

Hello everyone! My name is Jing Feng, and I am a senior at Cornell University, studying nutritional sciences and dietetics. There are so many possibilities for nutrition students, and one of my future goals is to become a registered dietitian. I wish to analyze evidence-based scientific research and then translate the knowledge into common language. I enjoy delivering nutrition information to my friends and family in daily life. As I developed recipes for older adults during the pandemic, I found my passion for cooking. Writing for the blog is my first step to practice my nutrition communication skill. I hope you enjoy reading our posts. If you find these posts useful, please feel free to share with your friends on social media. 

Sarah Hess

Sarah Hess

Regional Coordinator

Hello! My name is Sarah Hess and I am the Regional Coordinator for North Country and Central Region of New York through the Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP) at Cornell University. I am thrilled to be working with the Day to Day Eats blog. My personal passion is cycling competitively and for pleasure. I believe in the importance of living a healthy lifestyle by choosing nutritious foods and moving our bodies. I hope you find our blog useful and fun!

Cecilia Msogoya

Cecilia Msogoya

Student

Hello! My name is Cecilia and I am a junior majoring in Nutritional Sciences with a concentration in Dietetics at Cornell University. Outside of class, I enjoy trying out new restaurants, learning unique recipes from all over the world, and taking long walks. I’m excited to be a part of the Day to Day Eats team and I hope you enjoy our blog posts!

Hey! My name is Tyler, and I am a student at Cornell University studying nutritional science. I love new adventures, including trying new recipes and foods. I like to find ways to constantly improve all around well-being for myself and others, whether mental, physical, social, really anything! I love being an author for Day to Day Eats because I get to share my love for trying new things while promoting an overall healthy lifestyle.

Hey! My name is Jaelyn, and I am a student at Cornell University studying Biology and Society with a minor in Nutrition and Health. I love trying new foods that I would like to consider myself an amateur foodie. I love the way food can teach people and how it can connect us with anyone. I can’t wair to share some recipes and exercise knowledge that may help someone’s wellness.

Hi! My name is Chelsea, and I am a student at Cornell University studying nutrition on a budget while trying to eat smart and live well. Fruit and veggies are a staple for me…plus coffee. I enjoy being apart of Day to Day Eats because nutrition is my passion and I love to try new recipes. I can’t wait to share nutrition info and tasty healthy recipes that are both doable and affordable with one another!

Hello, I’m Anshu! I am a senior at Cornell studying Nutritional Sciences with a minor in Global Health and Creative Writing. In my free time, I enjoy being outside, writing poetry, and cooking with kids as part of an after school program. Making healthy habits, especially at a young age, has life changing impacts. As a writer for Day to Day Eats, I’m excited to be part of a community that helps healthy a part of your everyday life. I’m a nerd for nutrition but it can get a little bland sometimes, so I like spicing it up when possible.

Welcome to Day to Day Eats!  My name is Jamie, and I’m a professor of community nutrition at Cornell University.  I love the creative process of cooking, especially soups and salads.  I lean towards being vegetarian, but my husband is definitely not vegetarian, so I’m challenged to cook really tasty, healthy meals that we both enjoy! I’m passionate about good nutrition, good food, and working with students.  I’m excited to be working with great students who are the force behind this blog.  I hope you will find their work useful and fun.

Welcome! My name is Tisa, and I am an Extension Associate at Cornell University. The main focus of my professional life is supporting communities in their efforts to make healthy choices easier.  In my personal life, I love cooking and eating yummy food with family and friends!  As a mother, I appreciate the challenges and rewards that come from cooking healthy, delicious meals that everyone in my house enjoys!  Day to Day Eats gives me the opportunity to share some of the things I have learned over time and hear from others about what works for themselves and their families.  Sharing meals with friends and family is one of the joys of my life.

Hello, and welcome to our blog! My name is Joan, and I am an extension associate with Cornell Cooperative Extension here at Cornell University. I love making and sharing good food, spending time in the kitchen with friends, and of course eating! Day to Day Eats is one way for us to share good ideas for eating well and living a healthy lifestyle. I hope you enjoy this blog and come back time and again to learn and share with others.

Hello, my name is Gabby! I am a student at Cornell University studying Global and Public Health Sciences with a focus on Nutrition. I would consider myself a “foodie”. Cooking and eating new foods are two of my passions. I enjoy being an author for this blog because I am able to write about healthy foods that are also very delicious!

Hi! My name is Rebekah, and I am a student at Cornell University studying nutritional science. I’m passionate about health and wellness and I hope this blog is a resource for everyone!

Talk to Us

Have suggestions for a post?

Have a story to share?

Got a picture of a healthy snack or meal you made?

Contact Us!

14 + 15 =

Back To Top