Meet Our New Licensed Veterinary Technician, Kelsey Arrison!

Kelsey Arrison, LVT
Kelsey Arrison, LVT

The newest member to join Maddie’s® Shelter Medicine Program is Kelsey Arrison, Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT). Arrison is a 2013 graduate from Alfred State College and has been in the field as a veterinary technician for almost 10 years.

Although Arrison almost went to school to become a psychologist, which is the tradition that runs in her family, it was during her senior year that she said, “at the last minute I decided that I wanted to pursue my dream, instead of my family’s dream and I applied to tech schools and got accepted.”

Kelsey is no stranger to working as a technician in veterinary medicine. She formerly worked at a private practice in Tennessee and assisted in spay/neuters and vaccines for low-income driven clients. Arrison most recently comes to us from working at Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine in the section of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine.

“My heart has always been with shelter medicine and I moved back to this area to be closer to my family. When I first moved back here there was a position open with Anesthesia available and I enjoy that aspect of the job. Then this position opened, which combines my love of anesthesia, working at Cornell and working in shelter medicine.  I thought it was the perfect position for me.”

She has also worked in the field of shelter medicine in Syracuse, NY with CNY SPCA and in Belmont, NY at SPCA Serving Allegany County. Arrison helped SPCA Allegany open their new building, which included a spay/neuter clinic, and worked on establishing the protocols for this initiative.

Arrison enjoys sharing her knowledge and looks forward to working with other shelters in the area as part of Maddie’s Shelter Medicine consultation services.

FUN FACT: Arrison is currently in the process of buying a house and enjoys DIY crafting and home improvement projects. She also has two dogs, Russel and Pono, and two cats, Hitchcock and Lazarus.

print