Week Four at PASTA

This week, I’ve been drafting the youth curriculum with all the resources I’ve been researching and compiling over the past few weeks. The best work I did this week was attending the Cornell Cooperative Extension Orange County 4-H Ag and family festival in Otisville, NY. I was able to meet the incredible members of my team in person for the first time and also had the opportunity to meet members of the community. I worked at a booth giving away free books geared towards middle-schoolers. We also promoted families taking bags of conversation-starters. They contained questions and different topics of discussion as to engage kin and promote communication. I talked with countless kids and families and everyone was so happy to be together and to celebrate 4H accomplishments. There was a petting zoo, a milkshake truck, and tables of youth showing their skills! I was so happy to be a part of it all and am even more looking forward to helping kids in the community. While I’m still waiting for photos from the event, here’s a selfie of me and a cow named Athena 🙂