A reminder that there will be a workshop on SWD in Chemung County on Tuesday July 10th, 2018, from 9:30 to 11:00 am. Cornell Cooperative Extension (CCE) of Chemung and Tioga Counties cordially invite all interested regional fruit producers to this meeting, Spotted Wing Drosophila Update and Discussion for Fruit Producers.
The workshop will be held at the Waverly Village Hall, Meeting Room, at 32 Ithaca St, Waverly, NY 14892.
Shona Ort, Agricultural Development Specialist, CCE of Chemung County, is organizing this event. To register, contact Shona Ort of CCE Chemung at 607-734-4453 ext 227 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Two informative presentations, followed by open floor discussion, will round out your knowledge of SWD and it's management.
- Dr. Julie Carroll, Fruit IPM Coordinator, New York State IPM Program, will provide a general overview in, Spotted Wing Drosophila: what we know and what we don’t
- what is it?
- how do I know it's SWD?
- what fruit can SWD attack?
- when does SWD arrive?
- how do I manage it?
- Dr. Dara Stockton, Postdoctoral Associate with Dr. Greg Loeb’s lab, Dept. of Entomology, will provide a comprehensive research overview in, Current Research on SWD control in Central NY
- improving insecticide applications
- protected culture
- offseason control
- Join a discussion with growers to wrap up your knowledge of SWD to take back to your farm!
Cost to attend is free of charge! Please pre-register with Shona Ort, at 607-734-4453 ext 227 or email@example.com to ensure we have enough space, handouts, and refreshments.