This blog is managed by Juliet Carroll, Fruit IPM Coordinator, NYS IPM Program.
SWD first reports and first finds in 2013, 2014, and 2015 contain GDD and day length information.
- GDD - growing degree days, base 50 degrees F (using the Baskerville Emin (BE) formula) accumulated from January 1. GDD are estimated for each trapping site using weather station data from NEWA, the Network for Environment and Weather Applications, newa.cornell.edu.
- day length - hours:minutes of daylight, are estimated for each trapping site using the Solar Topo Day length, sunrise and sunset calculator, www.solartopo.com/daylength.
If you have questions contact me at email@example.com. For more information on SWD, consult the websites listed in the right hand column, under More SWD Resources.
Support for the SWD Monitoring Network provided by:
- NYS Berry Growers Association
- Cornell Cooperative Extension
- NYS IPM Program
- Regional Programs
- County Associations
- NYS Department of Agriculture and Markets
- USDA NIFA Crop Protection and Pest Management Program award 2017-70006-27142