Cornell Cooperative Extension’s South Central NY Area Dairy & Field Crops Team presents its annual Winter Crop Meeting on Friday, January 24th, at the Clarion Inn, 2310 N. Triphammer Rd., Ithaca, NY. This meeting provides a wintertime gathering and update of current topics for area dairy and field crop farmers, plus a delicious hot buffet lunch.
The day starts at 9:30am with a Trade Show of agricultural and crop supply businesses. The program begins at 10:00 am. This meeting will feature the following Speakers and Topics:
- Corn Silage and Grain Yield. Building a Database for NYS.
Quirine Ketterings and Karl Czymmek Cornell Nutrient Management SPEAR Program & PRODAIRY
- Corn Silage Management Revisited
Jerry Cherney, Crops and Soil Section in the Integrative School of Plant Science
- Dairy Revenue Protection, Mary Kate Wheeler, Extension Dairy Farm Business Management
- 2019 Silage Variety Trial Results: Joe Lawrence, Extension Forage Specialist with PRODAIRY
- Herbicide Resistance Management and Problem Weeds on the Horizon:
Michael Hunter, Extension Field Crops Specialist, North Country Regional Ag Team
- Investigating Health Effects of Glyphosate
Dan Wixted, Cornell Pesticide Management and Education Program
CCA and DEC pesticide recertification credits will be available. The cost of this workshop including lunch is $30.00 if pre-registered and $35 at the door. Pre-registration is requested by January 17, 2020. To register call Donette at 607.391.2662 or register online at https://scnydfc.cce.cornell.edu. For questions contact Janice Degni at 391-2672 or firstname.lastname@example.org.